- Must have a developed technology (software, hardware, mobile product or service)
- Must have at least one female founder
- Must have an actual product to demo live
- Startup must be between 6 and 36 months old
- The finals competition will be a fast-pitch format – 7 minutes of fast-pitch with 3 minutes of Q&A with judges. Finalists are not permitted to view other finalists’ presentations; only props or displays permitted during the fast-pitch, live demos only.
- Girls in Tech Board of Directors and Girls in Tech full-time employees, and their relatives are not eligible to participate.
- Applicants will be judged based upon criteria established by Girls in Tech, Inc.
- Prize money is taxable. – The winner will be responsible for all applicable taxes on the prize awarded. The winner will be required to complete the appropriate tax forms and present legal ID prior to claiming the prize. The winner will be sent a 1099 MISC federal tax form as required. Any portion of the prize kept by the winner will be taxable.
- Protests due to eligibility or any other rules must be presented via email, Adriana Gascoigne, Girls in Tech, Inc., [email protected] Any such protest must be submitted by one month in advance of the competition date.
- The ruling of the judges at the competition is final.
- This contest and related content is the property of Girls in Tech, Inc., and use by anyone outside this organization is not permitted unless expressly communicated and agreed upon in writing by both parties.
- Application submission deadline – May 13, 2019 at 11:59 PM PST
- Online judging completed – May 26, 2019
- 3 Finalists approached/announced – May 28, 2019
- Live pitch event – June 20, 2019
Impact for Entrepreneurs
Compared to 2017, we saw the number of women-led startups who applied jump 33%. We saw the number of countries represented in the application pool jump by 9% including more startups from Asia and the Middle East.
Check out the 2018 AMPLIFY Impact Report!