- Must have a developed technology (software, hardware, mobile product or service)
- Must have at least one female founder
- Must have an actual product to demo live
- Startup must be between 6 and 36 months old
- The final competition on October 3rd will be a fast-pitch format – 7 minutes of fast-pitch with 3 minutes of Q&A with judges. Finalists are not permitted to view other finalists’ presentations; only props or displays permitted during the fast-pitch, live demos only.
- Girls in Tech Board of Directors and Girls in Tech full-time employees and consultants, their relatives, and Girls in Tech Chapter Managing Directors are not eligible to participate.
- Applicants will be judged based upon criteria established by Girls in Tech, Inc.
- Prize money is taxable. – The winner will be responsible for all applicable taxes on the prize awarded. The winner will be required to complete the appropriate tax forms and present legal ID prior to claiming the prize. The winner will be sent a 1099 MISC federal tax form as required. Any portion of the prize kept by the winner will be taxable.
- Protests due to eligibility or any other rules must be presented via email, Adriana Gascoigne, Girls in Tech, Inc., firstname.lastname@example.org. Any such protest must be submitted by September 14, 2018 at 12:00 pm PST.
- The ruling of the judges at the competition on October 3, 2018 is final.
- This contest and related content is the property of Girls in Tech, Inc., and use by anyone outside this organization is not permitted unless expressly communicated and agreed upon in writing by both parties.
- Friday June 1, 2018 : Applications open!
- Wednesday, August 15, 2018: Deadline to Submit Your Full “Application”
- Friday, September 11, 2018: 10 Finalists notified
- Wednesday, October 3, 2018: 10 Finalists pitch live at Zendesk in San Francisco!