1. Must have a developed technology (software, hardware, mobile product or service)
2. Must have at least one female founder
3. Must be headquartered or have a satellite presence in the region (US) where the competition is being held*
4. Must have an actual product to demo (no PPT presentations allowed)
5. Must be between 6 and 36 months old
*Please note: This competition is not just for North Americans, it is also for expats, foreign-born entrepreneurs, students, temporary visitors (on a J1, H1B or student visa); basically any female-run startup with a footprint in North America (satellite office, incubator/accelerator, temporary worker, student, etc.)
- The finals competition on November 16th will be a fast-pitch format – 10 minutes of fast-pitch with 5 minutes of Q&A with judges. Finalists are not permitted to view other finalists’ presentations; only props or displays permitted during the fast-pitch, live demos only, no PPT presentations.
- Girls in Tech Board of Directors and Girls in Tech full-time employees, and their relatives, are not eligible to participate.
- Applicants will be judged based upon criteria established by Girls in Tech, Inc.
- Prize money is taxable. – The winner will be responsible for all applicable taxes on the prize awarded. The winner will be required to complete the appropriate tax forms and present legal ID prior to claiming the prize. The winner will be sent a 1099 MISC federal tax form as required. Any portion of the prize kept by the winner will be taxable.
- Protests due to eligibility or any other rules must be presented via email, Adriana Gascoigne, Girls in Tech, Inc., firstname.lastname@example.org. Any such protest must be submitted by September 29, 2015 at 12:00 pm PST.
- The ruling of the judges at the competition on November 16, 2016 is final.
- This contest and related content is the property of Girls in Tech, Inc., and use by anyone outside this organization is not permitted unless expressly communicated and agreed upon in writing by both parties.
- Monday, July 18, 2016 : Applications open!
- Monday, October 24, 2016: Deadline to Submit Your Full “Application”
- Tuesday, November 8, 2016: 10 Finalists notified and introduced to Mentors
- Week of November 8, 2016: 10 Finalists participate in Media Interviews and Presentation Prep with Mentors
- Wednesday, November 16, 2016: 10 Finalists pitch live at Galvanize in San Francisco!
- Monday, November 21, 2016: 6-Week Mentorship Program Kick-off